Property crimes fall into several other criminal acts that the District Attorney prosecutes aggressively. Property crimes can put you in jail or in prison and count as a strike.
Here are just a few property crimes that you can be charged with and will put you in jail or prison:
- Residential Burglary (this is a felony and you are looking at state prison)
- Commercial Burglary (this is a felony and you are looking at state prison)
- Graffiti (generally a misdemeanor but very costly)
- Trespass (a misdemeanor and you could be given a restraining order)
- Vandalism ( this could be a misdemeanor or a felony)
Our criminal defense lawyers can help you
Many of the above crimes can put you in state prison. Even if the crime is a misdemeanor, or reduced to a misdemeanor the District Attorney will aggressively try to put you in jail. In most of these cases, you cannot get off probation until you pay for the damage. This is why you need an experienced criminal defense attorney that will investigate and challenge all of the District Attorney’s evidence against you. Lamano Law Office has over 30 years of combined experience and is knowledgeable in aggressively defending against property crimes.
Contact our Oakland law office today if you have been charged any property crimes, use the contact form on our website, or call us at (510) 842-0750.