These are the most serious of all the crimes, and the District Attorney always wants you to go to jail or prison. Never talk to anyone but your criminal defense lawyer when being questioned for one of these crimes. And never believe you can handle this type of charge on your own. You need an experienced criminal law attorney who handles violent crime cases on a regular basis.
Violent crimes can consist of a lot of different crimes:
- Aggravated Assault (threatening someone with say knife or gun or baseball bat)
- Arson (setting someone else’s property on fire)
- Assault and Battery (threatening someone and then hitting them)
- Hate Crimes (threatening someone because of their race or because they are gay)
- Homicide (killing a person)
- Manslaughter (killing someone by accident)
- Mayhem (is dismembering someone like cutting off a finger or scaring the person)
- Murder (intentionally killing a person)
- Terrorism (this can be as simple as terrifying or threatening phone calls)
- Theft / Larceny (this can also fall into robbery taking property by force or fear)
- Weapon Possession (even a baseball bat can be a deadly weapon, or a knife or gun)
We Can Help You
If you’ve been accused of a violent crime, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney. Time is important when preparing your defense for these types of cases because evidence can be destroyed or lost. Don’t wait, contact our attorneys now for help, we will make sure you understand what to expect from the legal process.
With offices a few minutes away from Santa Rita Jail and right across the street from Glenn Dyer Jail, Lamano Law Office is a criminal defense firm serving clients in Oakland, Alameda, and Contra Costa County. We are available to assist you with all your legal needs. Contact Lamano Law Office or call us at (510) 842-0750 and schedule a consultation.