These are the most serious of all the crimes, and the District Attorney always wants you to go to jail or prison. Never talk to anyone but your criminal defense lawyer when being questioned for one of these crimes. And never believe you can handle this type of charge on your own. You need an experienced criminal defense attorney who handles violent crime cases on a regular basis.
VIOLENT CRIMES CAN CONSIST OF A LOT OF DIFFERENT CRIMES:
- Aggravated Assault (threatening someone with say knife or gun or baseball bat)
- Arson (setting someone else’s property on fire)
- Assault and Battery (threatening someone and then hitting them)
- Hate Crimes (threatening someone because of their race or because they are gay)
- Homicide (killing a person)
- Manslaughter (killing someone by accident)
- Mayhem (is dismembering someone like cutting off a finger or scaring the person)
- Murder (intentionally killing a person)
- Terrorism (this can be as simple as terrifying or threatening phone calls)
- Theft / Larceny (this can also fall into robbery taking property by force or fear)
- Weapon Possession (even a baseball bat can be a deadly weapon, or a knife or gun)
WE CAN HELP YOU
If you’ve been accused of a violent crime, you need an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Time is important when preparing your defense for these types of cases because evidence can be destroyed or lost. Don’t wait, contact Givelle Lamano now for help, she will make sure you understand what to expect from the legal process.
Contact our firm online or call us at (415) 617-9375 and schedule a FREE consultation.