Get to Know the Lamano Law Office
Givelle Lamano is an Oakland DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney who truly cares about her clients. She has represented people from all walks of life ranging from gang members appealing their life sentences to corporate management officials in wrongful termination claims. She also serves as a court appointed attorney for Alameda County, taking on cases when the public defenders office is unable to do so, and is licensed in both state and federal courts. She handles cases ranging from simple misdemeanors to serious felonies.
Ms. Lamano is also the co-founder of the Three Strikes Justice Center, a non-profit organization focused on alleviating the overcrowding of prisons. She serves as a Board Member for Insight Prison Project, an organization providing services to prisoners and parolees in 12 California prisons, 3 county jail facilities, and several re-entry programs.
Preceding her criminal defense work, Givelle advocated for the rights of low-wage and immigrant workers in employment law matters and worked with a partner at Sheppard Mullin on a book focused on International Law. The book was later published by the American Bar Association.
(510) 842-0750 - Map & Directions
1. Public Interest Law Foundation Recognition Award (2009 & 2010)
2. Philanthropic Educational Organization Award (2008)
3. Universite Paris Nantere, Comparative Law Certification (2008)
4. Center for International and Comparative Law Certification, LGBT Law, Netherlands (2008)
5. National Communication Association Award (2006)
6. Woodbury University Magna Cum Laude
1. California Public Defenders Association
2. California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
3. Criminal Trial Lawyers Association of Northern California
4. California DUI Lawyers Association
5. Pro Bono Honor Society
6. Phi Delta Phi